- About Us
- Patients & Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Make A Gift
- News & Events
Mission & Background
The Mission of Family Hospice and Palliative Care is to provide compassionate, quality comfort care that enhances the lives of people with life-limiting illness and their families.
For those experiencing a life-limiting illness or injury, Family Hospice and Palliative Care provides expert, compassionate care, a complete continuum of care - unlike any other hospice in the region. Family Hospice and Palliative Care is the leading not-for-profit, community-based hospice and palliative care organization in Western Pennsylvania. Our heritage of caring leads to the innovation that is setting the standards for the future of hospice and palliative care.
- Family Hospice is committed to quality patient care and education.
- One of the first hospice programs in Western Pennsylvania, Family Hospice was created in 1980 by Mercy Hospital, St. Clair Hospital, South Hills Health System and South Hills Interfaith Ministries.
- Family Hospice provides hospice care in homes, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, hospitals, and our inpatient centers in Mt. Lebanon and Lawrenceville.
- Open since 2007, Family Hospice's Inpatient Hospice Center/Mt. Lebanon houses a 12-bed inpatient hospice setting and an Educational Auditorium.
- A second inpatient setting, Family Hospice's Inpatient Center/Lawrenceville, opened on the campus of UPMC Canterbury in February 2012.
- We collaborate with the area's largest staff of Board-certified palliative care physicians.