- About Us
- Patients & Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Make A Gift
- News & Events
The mission of Family Hospice and Palliative Care is to provide compassionate, quality comfort care that enhances the lives of people with life-limiting illness and their families.
We are a non-profit organization that is entrusted to provide end-of-life care to more patients in Western Pennsylvania than any other hospice. For those experiencing a life-limiting illness or injury, Family Hospice and Palliative Care provides a complete continuum of care unlike any other hospice in the region. Family Hospice and Palliative Care is the leading not-for-profit, community-based hospice and palliative care organization in Western Pennsylvania. Our heritage of expert, compassionate care leads to the innovation that is setting the standards for the future of hospice and palliative care.
- Family Hospice is committed to quality patient care, caregiver support and education.
- One of the first hospice programs in Western Pennsylvania, Family Hospice was created in 1980 by Mercy Hospital, St. Clair Hospital, South Hills Health System and South Hills Interfaith Ministries.
- Family Hospice provides hospice care in homes, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, hospitals, and our inpatient units in Mt. Lebanon and Lawrenceville.
- Open since 2007, Family Hospice's Inpatient Center - Mt. Lebanon houses our 12-bed inpatient unit and an Educational Auditorium.
- A second inpatient unit opened in 2012, Family Hospice's Inpatient Center - Canterbury, is located on the campus of UPMC Canterbury in Lawrenceville.
- Family Hospice offers innovative programming such as massage and pet therapy and expressive music.
- We collaborate with the area's largest staff of Board-certified palliative care physicians.